Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Welcome to Class

Hey, there! My name is Megan Blok, and I'm a senior history and communication studies major at Trinity Christian College.  Although I came out to the Midwest for college, I'm originally from the West Coast in Washington State.  Don't ask me why I came to the Chicago suburbs, because sometimes I don't even know.  Some areas of history that I've studied while in undergrad have been the U.S. government's relations with Native American tribes in the 1800s; medieval studies such as the Wars of the Roses and gender studies of religious figures; and journalism in relation to the Watergate scandal.  I had the privilege to study at Oxford for the 2018 Michaelmas term, where I furthered my interest in medieval and gender studies.  And museums, which I hope to work in after undergrad.

This blog is for the history senior seminar at Trinity, where we each choose a topic to write an extensive research paper on.  For my research, I'm hoping to pursue studying Edward II and his presumed sexuality.  Within that, I plan on connecting this to his political downfall and his exile.  Did it tie in with his marriage? With his Parliament? With his presence in Scotland?  I'm looking forward to narrowing that down and getting deeper into the interesting life of Edward II, and I hope you stay along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment