Monday, September 23, 2019

Hi, my name is Sarah LeMahieu! I am a senior history education major at Trinity Christian College. I am from Sheboygan, Wisconsin, a town about an hour off of Milwaukee and Green Bay. As I'm studying history education, my goal after graduation is to be a middle school or high school history teacher. I love all areas of history, but I take great interest in American and African history, mostly focusing on women's history within those areas. 
For my research project for my history senior seminar, I am writing about Ida B. Wells and her work as a journalist. As Ida B. Wells was an African American woman in the late 19th/early 20th century, a lot of her work focused on African American issues, bringing the horrors of lynching to the American public. My goal for my research is to analyze her works in greater depth to see her comments on women in the United States during her lifetime. I am looking forward to seeing her thoughts in greater depth and understanding how her work impacted the rights of women during this time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment